In this review and guide I compare the best online real estate schools in Arizona and show you which state-approved real estate schools I recommended the most. I also show you what’s good and bad about each Arizona real estate course provider.
NOTE: My work is supported by affiliate commissions. Learn More
Best Rated Real Estate Courses In Arizona
The CE Shop
Kaplan Real Estate
1. Aceable Agent
Aceable Agent offers a variety of study materials to all of their students. On demand video and audio lectures can be accessed at any time. Additionally, those who prefer text based content can study with textbooks and ebooks. Plus, higher tiers of this course include live webinars where students can interact with their teachers and ask questions about course content. Thanks to that, no student is left out of the learning process.
Anyone interested in this course currently has 3 different options when purchasing it. To start, they can try out the Essential plan for $531. It comes with video lessons and practice problems. Those interested in more content can try the Deluxe or Premium plans for $700 and $893 respectively. Doing so progressively adds in audio lectures, additional questions, e-books, and live webinars.
Aceable Agent Features
- 75 Video Lessons
- 70 Audio Lessons
- 1700+ Practice Problems
- Real Estate Ebook
- Live Webinars
Pros and Cons
- Pro – Audio Lectures: Students who like to multitask while studying can easily do so thanks to Aceable Agents audio lectures.
- Pro – Live Webinars: Students can learn real estate concepts with a more personal touch through live lessons.
- Pro – Simulated Exams: These simulated exams are a great way to gain experience as a test taker in a low risk environment.
Aceable Agent is well worth your time and money no matter how you prefer to study for your exams. Make sure to check it out today!
2. The CE Shop
Next up on my list of best online real estate schools in Arizona is The CE Shop. (read my The CE Shop review for more) While The CE Shop is not my favorite of all real estate schools in the US, it has several appealing features that make it a decent choice for most students.
- High Pass Rates In Arizona: The biggest thing that stands out about this Arizona real estate school is that they have amazing pass rates for students taking the Arizona real estate licensing exam. Their pass rates are near 91% and this truly tells the story about The CE Shop. If their pass rates are so high it means their Arizona course is very good.
- Full 96 Hour Arizona Curriculum: The CE Shop’s Arizona course has the complete 90 hours of pre-licensing content and 6 hours of Arizona contract writing as required by the Arizona Department of Real Estate.
- Four Arizona Package Choices: Get exactly the course you need by tailoring your education with four Arizona package options. Need less, choose their Courses Only package. Need more, you can choose from their Standard, Value or Premium Arizona courses. This allows you to get just the content you need without wasting money.
- Offers Arizona CE: To keep your real estate license in Arizona, you will eventually need to get some additional education. If you decide to go with The CE Shop’s Arizona Premium pre-licensing course, you will get your first set of continuing education classes as part of the package. This is very convenient because you will be able to use the same course provider without having to search for one when the time comes that you need to get this continuing education.
- Arizona Instructor Webinar Series: You will gain access to Arizona instructors who will provide live question and answer webinars. As part of these webinars, the instructors will cover important topics that relate to the national portion of the Arizona real estate licensing exam.
- Good Arizona Exam Prep: This online Arizona real estate school offers comprehensive Arizona exam prep. They call this Exam Prep Edge and this will provide you with the additional exam preparation you will need to pass the Arizona real estate licensing exam.
- Great Arizona LMS: When you take an Arizona real estate pre-licensing course you will want to be sure that the content is delivered on a good LMS platform. This means learning management system and The CE Shop’s Arizona course is built upon a very good LMS. You will have easy to use modules and lessons plus complete tracking of your course progress.
- Downloadable Arizona Resources: Although there is no textbook with this Arizona pre-licensing course, you will have access to downloadable resources that you can reference at any time. This is great if you want to take them with you to study when you have no access to the internet.
- Refund Guarantee: As you will see in the cons section, The CE Shop’s Arizona course does not have a full course guarantee. They do provide a 30 day refund guarantee though if you should decide that their course is not right for you.
- No Arizona Course Guarantee: As stated above, The CE Shop does not provide a passing guarantee with their Arizona pre-licensing course.
3. Kaplan Arizona
The Kaplan Arizona pre-license real estate course offers what you need to learn to pass the state exam. This Arizona real estate school is not my favorite but always worth mentioning because they have been around for many years and they’re still better than some of the other schools. (see inside this school’s course platform in my Kaplan review)
- Complete Arizona Course Curriculum: The Arizona pre-licensing course provided by Kaplan contains everything required by the Arizona Department of Real Estate. Once you complete this course, you will be ready to take the Arizona real estate licensing exam.
- Good Arizona Exam Prep: If you choose the more expensive package option, you will also get the complete National Pearson VUE and Arizona practice QBank. This is a very good Arizona exam prep package but it only comes with the costlier course option.
- Decent Arizona Platform: Kaplan does provide a decent platform from which to take the Arizona real estate course. While not as good as The CE Shop’s platform, it’s still good overall.
- Two Arizona Options: While not having as many Arizona course options as The CE Shop, Kaplan does give you two choices. One package is just the pre-licensing course and the other includes the course plus the Arizona exam prep.
- Fewer Features For Arizona Course: The Kaplan online Arizona real estate school has very few benefits and features compared to The CE Shop. I wouldn’t pay about the same price for less features so this is a weakness on the part of Kaplan.
- No Arizona State Exam Guarantee: As stated above, none of the online real estate schools in Arizona have any exam passing guarantees. I am just listing this is a negative but you really can’t find this with any of the Arizona schools.
Number Two Best Online Real Estate Schools In Arizona
Next is the Arizona School of Real Estate & Business (ASREB). This is a very good online Arizona real estate school which has been around for many years. They offer some unique package options and are definitely one of the best online real estate schools in the state.
- Long History In Arizona: The Arizona School of Real Estate & Business has been teaching students since 1969 so they have a very long track record in Arizona. If you want a school that has been around the longest, they are the oldest school on my list of real estate schools in Arizona.
- High Rated Among Arizona Students: Former students of the Arizona School of Real Estate & Business give it high ratings. Overall, students seem to praise the school’s easy to understand and straightforward course curriculum as well as the professional instructors.
- Full 90-Hour Arizona Course: The Arizona pre-licensing course offered by ASREB has the full 90 hours of course material and the 6 hours of contract writing as is required by the Arizona Department of Real Estate. This means you will gain access to all of the education you will need to satisfy the requirements of the state. Plus, you will learn what you need to know to pass the Arizona real estate licensing exam.
- Three Arizona Course Options: You’ll get plenty of choices with ASREB because they have three Arizona package options for their Arizona real estate course. Not only do they offer three packages, but you can also choose to take the course via the online self-paced method or the Livestream virtual classroom based option.
- Arizona CE Included: If you choose the Set for Success package option your 18 hours of CE requirement will be included. This continuing education will fulfill the requirement specified by the state of Arizona. This is very convenient because you will not have to look for the required continuing education later on since it will already be part of your course package.
- Refunds Possible: ASREB does offer a 30 day refund policy if for some reason you are not happy with the Arizona course.
- Great Arizona Exam Prep: One of the strengths that makes this a top online real estate school in Arizona is that they offer very good exam prep. ASREB uses CompuCram exam prep which truly is one of the better exam prep options on the market. This will help you to get ready to take the Arizona real estate licensing exam.
- Arizona Instructor Real Time Q & A: Access unlimited question and answer sessions with Arizona instructors. These sessions are done in real time with other Arizona students and are a great part of this course.
- Employment Networking: Get connected with hiring brokers at the ASREB virtual career expo. This is a feature not seen in most online Arizona real estate schools and can be a big help in helping you launch your real estate career.
- Slightly Higher Priced: The Arizona School of Real Estate & Business has pricing for their Arizona pre-licensing course that is slightly higher than The CE Shop listed above. Their price ranges from $749 to $909 at the time this was written but they do offer discounts often which can bring the price down considerably so you will want to check the price.
- No Passing Guarantee: ASREB does not offer any type of guarantee to pass the Arizona real estate licensing exam.
5. Hogan School
Number Three Best Arizona Online Real Estate Schools
I included the Hogan School on my list of top Arizona real estate schools because of their track record in the state and the fact that they are partnered with ASREB above. Their pre-licensing courses are basically the same since they have partnered but both are good.
- Many Years Teaching Arizona Students: Hogan School of real estate has been around since 1973 and has taught many students how to become real estate agents in Arizona. They claim to be the most successful real estate school in Southern Arizona and while this may be true and the school is good, they are not the best overall school in the state in my opinion.
- Complete Arizona Pre-Licensing Course: You want a real estate school that offers the full and complete Arizona pre-licensing curriculum and with the Hogan School, you get just that. They offer the required Arizona curriculum which consists of the 90 hours of pre-licensing education as well as the 6 hours of contract writing.
- Three Arizona Package Choices: The Arizona package options offered by the Hogan School allow you to have some control over your entire educational experience. Choose from either the Basic, Career, or Set for Success packages giving you only the features needed as you get your Arizona real estate education.
- Live Arizona Instructor Q & A: If you like to have live sessions with students and Arizona instructors, you will love this feature. Use this time to get answers to course questions and to learn from the course instructors.
- Best Arizona Exam Prep: Like ASREB above, one of the great features offered by the Hogan School is that they use CompuCram for the Arizona exam prep. Since this is one of the better exam preparation programs on the market you will know you’re being prepared for the Arizona state exam.
- Choose Between Livestream Or Self-Paced: This is another online real estate school in Arizona that has both Livestream and online self-paced course options. If you choose their top course package you will actually get access to both.
- Higher Price Than Some Arizona Schools: Hogan School has the exact same pricing as ASREB listed above. This is because both schools are in a partnership and they use the exact same platform so pricing is the same as well. Like ASREB, their pricing is higher than The CE Shop.
- No Arizona Exam Passing Guarantee: If you’re like me you like having an exam passing guarantee. This is one of the things I love about AceableAgent and Real Estate Express. Since those schools are not available in Arizona, you will not be able to get the Arizona exam passing guarantee with any of these schools.
6. American Realty Academy
Since there are so few good online Arizona real estate schools to choose from, I wanted to mention American Realty Academy so you could have choices. While not the school I would choose, it’s important to let you know they are an option.
- Three Arizona Course Choices: American Realty Academy has three Arizona pre-licensing course package options for you to choose from. These packages are the Basic, Silver and Gold plans. Only the Silver and Gold contain the required contract writing course while the Gold plan also features live virtual group tutoring.
- Good Pricing: Overall, the pricing for this online Arizona real estate school is good. With a price range of $399 to $479, they are very competitive with other schools in the market.
- Full Arizona Pre-Licensing Curriculum: The American Realty Academy pre-licensing course contains the complete 90 hours of curriculum required by the state but only their two costlier packages contain the mandatory 6 hour contract writing course.
- Small Boutique Experience: Some people like a small more boutique experience when taking their real estate course and American Realty Academy offers that. For me though, I love the fact that The CE Shop has helped so many students and has such a high passing rate.
- Very Few Extra Features: Compared to The CE Shop and ASREB listed above, the American Realty Academy course has fewer features.
- Limited Arizona Exam Prep: The Basic and Silver plans offered by the American Realty Academy do not have any extensive online Arizona exam prep. It’s crucial to get exam preparation so you can only get this with their Gold package.
- Arizona Exam Guarantee Not Offered: There are no passing guarantees offered by this Arizona real estate school.
Arizona Real Estate School FAQ
What Are The Steps To Become A Real Estate Agent In Arizona?
There are several steps you must take to get a real estate license in Arizona and become a real estate agent.
- Step 1: First, you must meet the age requirements and be at least 18 years of age.
- Step 2: The Arizona Department of Public Safety will issue you a Fingerprint Clearance Card and you will need to submit this. It can take up to eight to ten weeks to get a Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Step 3: Next you will need to have a background check completed and also complete the Disciplinary Actions Disclosure Form.
- Step 4: You will need to get 90 hours of pre-licensing education.
- Step 5: Before you can complete the license application, you will need to enroll and attend a 6 hour contract writing class. You will need to prove you have taken this contract writing course with your certificate that you get when you complete it.
- Step 6: Next, you will need to pass the Arizona real estate licensing exam.
- Step 7: Within one year of passing the Arizona real estate licensing exam you will need to apply for your license.
How Long Does It Take To Become A Real Estate Agent In Arizona?
The average time it takes to become a real estate agent in Arizona is 4 to 6 months. This is an approximation and will depend on how fast you go through the process.
Can I Get My AZ Real Estate License Online?
Yes, you can get your Arizona real estate license online. Just complete the 90 hours of required pre-license education at one of the online real estate schools in Arizona. You will then need to pass the Arizona real estate licensing exam.
How Much Do Real Estate Schools Cost In Arizona?
The cost to take your pre-license course in Arizona using an online real estate school will be between $400 to $700.
How Long Is The Arizona Real Estate Exam?
The Arizona real estate licensing national exam has a maximum allowed time to complete it of 2 hours.
How Much Does It Cost To Get A Real Estate License In Arizona?
To get a real estate salesperson license in Arizona it will cost approximately $559. These fees are broken down here:
- Pre-License Course: $400
- Application and Exam Fees: $75
- Original License Fee: $50
- Recovery Fund: $10
- Fingerprinting: $24
There will be other renewal fees in the future but these are the costs to get a license.
Do You Need A Degree To Become A Real Estate Agent In Arizona?
No, you will not need a college degree to become a real estate agent in Arizona.
How Much Do Real Estate Agents Make In Arizona?
Real estate agents in Arizona earn between $43,000 to $66,000 with a median average of $50,640. This can change in the future so check here for current earnings averages.
How Many Questions Are On The Arizona Real Estate Exam?
The state portion of the exam has 60 questions and you will need to answer 45 of those questions correctly to pass the exam. This means you will need to get a score of 75% or higher to pass.
How Many Times Can You Take The Real Estate Exam In Arizona?
If you should fail the Arizona real estate exam you can take the exam again as many times as is necessary for you to pass. You will need to pay the $75 fee each time you take the exam though.