Do you want to become a real estate agent in Texas? If so, then you will want to know the best online real estate schools in Texas to get your pre-license education. In this guide I will show you the top 7 online real estate schools in Texas. Focus on number one as they truly are the best.
NOTE: My work is supported by affiliate commissions. Learn More
2. Real Estate Express
Number Two Best Online Real Estate Schools In Texas
Number two on my list of the top online real estate schools in Texas is Real Estate Express. While they are my number one overall choice in the United States, they fall just below AceableAgent in Texas. This is only because I feel Aceable is just a bit better with their interactive content but that’s the only reason.
- Long Track Record In Texas: If you want a Texas real estate school that has a long track record and a good reputation, Real Estate Express is probably the school for you. Real Estate Express is the oldest and most well-known of all real estate schools in Texas. You know if you get your Texas pre-license education with them you are backed by a great real estate school.
- Great Pricing: Of all online real estate schools in Texas, Real Estate Express has some of the best overall pricing. From their Basic package at just over $300 to their Texas Ultimate Learning option at around $470, this pricing is better than most Texas courses.
- Four Texas Course Package Options: If you like choices, then the Real Estate Express Texas pre-licensing course packages are perfect. You can choose between their Texas Basic up to their Ultimate package. Having these options allows you to tailor your Texas real estate training to your specific needs.
- Six Texas Courses: The Real Estate Express pre-licensing course for Texas has all six of the required courses which are approved by the Texas Real Estate Commission. No matter which package option you choose from it will contain everything you need to get educated and get your real estate license in Texas.
- Good Exam Prep: A good real estate course will have exam prep included and the Real Estate Express Texas course has just that. Access flashcards and dozens of practice exams so you can be sure that you will be ready for the Texas licensing exam.
- Help From Texas Instructor: As you take the Texas pre-licensing course, you can access your instructor at any time should you need help. Just click the button to get support and a window will open so you can send a message to your instructor.
- Great Platform: The learning platform used by Real Estate Express for their Texas based real estate course is one of the best on the market. It makes learning and tracking your progress easier than ever. Access content any time night or day.
- Texas Exam Guarantee: If you have read my Real Estate Express review you probably know that they offer the best guarantee in the industry. If you don’t pass the Texas real estate license exam Real Estate Express will give you your money back. This eliminates all risk and I believe always makes them a great choice.
- Texas Course Not As Interactive: There really is only one possible negative with the Real Estate Express Texas real estate school. Their course is not quite as interactive as other schools such as AceableAgent. While this may be a negative to some, it may not bother you at all unless you’re someone who must have a lot of video content. If that’s you, use AceableAgent above.
2. AceableAgent Texas
Number One Best Online Real Estate Schools In Texas
To become a licensed real estate agent in Texas, you will need 180 hours of pre-licensing education. This is the most for any state. Since they make it a bit harder in this state to get licensed, you will want to go with a Texas real estate school that provides everything you will need under one program.
For Texas real estate courses, AceableAgent is by far the best choice. They offer everything in one convenient package.
- One Package: The AceableAgent Texas real estate course is probably the most convenient of all real estate courses in Texas. They offer your complete pre-license course in one easy to use package option. No confusing choices as is the case with many online real estate schools.
- Competitive Pricing: The AceableAgent Texas pre-licensing course is just over $400 at the time of this writing. Most Texas based real estate courses range from just over $300 to over $500 but many of these have package options with just standard features. AceableAgent has everything without any need to choose.
- Interactive Content: If you have read my AceableAgent review, you will know that they offer one of the best interactive courses on the market. This means as you take your Texas pre-licensing real estate course the course itself is much more fun and it makes learning the information much easier. Aceable has the best learning platform in the industry and one I always recommend.
- High Texas Pass Rates: Aceable has the highest Texas real estate license exam passing rates. With a passing rate of near 78%, this is higher than any other Texas real estate school.
- Six Full Courses: Since Texas requires 180 hours of pre-licensing education, AceableAgent has six complete courses in this one program. Each of the six courses meets the TREC’s requirements for pre-licensing education.
- The six courses include Real Estate Finance, Promulgated Contracts, Law of Agency, Law of Contracts, Principles I and Principles II.
- Texas Practice Exam: As part of your pre-licensing course package you will get access to an online practice test which will cover everything you need to know from the Texas state and national exams. These exams will give you tips for areas you need to improve upon.
- Brokerage Matching: You will need to find a broker to sponsor you before you can start practicing real estate in Texas. Aceable’s Texas real estate school offers a Texas broker matching service that will help you to find a broker so you can start practicing real estate faster once you’re ready.
- Easy Instructor Support: Aceable offers great support from your instructor. Should you have a question about the Texas course at any time, simply contact your instructor by email to get help.
- Test Guarantee: AceableAgent is so confident that you will pass your Texas licensing exam that they offer this guarantee. If you do not pass the Texas real estate exam in three attempts, they will refund your entire purchase price of the course.
- Newer Texas Provider: There are really few negatives with the Aceable real estate school’s Texas real estate course. The only thing I could list here is that they’re one of the newest Texas based schools in the industry so they don’t have the track record of a Real Estate Express. This may be a negative to some but I don’t see it that way. In their relatively shorter time of being a Texas school, they have managed to develop the best Texas course on the market.
3. The CE Shop Texas
Third Best Online Real Estate Schools In Texas
My third choice for best online real estate schools in Texas is The CE Shop. If you have read my review on The CE Shop you will know I think it’s a great school, but not my favorite. They do offer a great course for Texas and you can see all of the pros and cons below.
- Great Options: The CE Shop Texas based course has some great package options giving you a nice range of choices and allows you to tailor your Texas course to your specific individual needs. From their Courses Only option to their Premium Texas package, you will gain access to all six of the required Texas pre-licensing courses mandated by the TREC. Each option though has everything you need to learn how to pass the Texas real estate license exam. Their costlier choices just give you a few more features.
- Pricing Is Decent: Overall, The CE Shop’s pricing is pretty good. The cost of their Texas course ranges from $370 to around $560. This places them in the mid-range for Texas pre-license real estate courses.
- Great Texas Passing Rates: This is a strength of The CE Shop in Texas. They have close to a 71% passing rate in the state which is higher than many other schools. This means they have a good curriculum or students wouldn’t be passing at such a high rate.
- Good Texas Course Platform: Using The CE Shop is very easy when taking their Texas based course. The platform has easy to use features and is very convenient.
- No Texas Course Guarantee: Unlike Real Estate Express, The CE Shop does not offer any type of passing guarantee in Texas. This is unfortunate because it would be so nice to have this guarantee. Having a guarantee is always an attractive option for any course. To offset this though, they do have good passing rates.
4. AYPO Real Estate
Fourth Best Online Real Estate Schools In Texas
I added AYPO Real Estate to my list of best online real estate schools in Texas because they simply have the best prices. This is not my favorite course, however, they do provide decent content. See the pros and cons below to learn more. (also see my comprehensive AYPO Real Estate review)
- All Texas Required Courses: AYPO Real Estate has all of the courses required by the Texas Real Estate Commission.
- High Texas Pass Rates: It’s hard to believe but this amazingly simple course has very high pass rates in Texas at nearly 75%.
- Best Pricing: If pricing is your main concern then AYPO Real Estate has all other Texas schools beat because their pricing falls between $149 to $199.
- Ultra-Simplified Course: While this school has some good points, they are considered an ultra-simplified real estate course meaning the platform is not as modern as other schools. Their content is also delivered in a different format than others. This may be great for some, you will have to weigh out your options to see if this is the type of course you want.
5. Kaplan Of Texas
Number 5 Best Online Real Estate Schools In Texas
Next on my list of the top real estate schools in the state of Texas is Kaplan. If you have read my Kaplan real estate review, you will know this is not my favorite school. However, they’re on my list because they are still a decent school to take your Texas pre-licensing course if you like what they have. They are just not my personal favorite for a number of reasons.
- Great Texas Passing Rates: One of the strengths of Kaplan in Texas is that they have very high passing rates near 76%. This is a good indicator that their Texas course and exam prep is quite good.
- Nice Course Options: If you want a variety of options for your Texas course, then Kaplan has them. They offer Online OnDemand learning, Home Study as well as Live online Texas courses. This is unique among the schools on my list and may be something you like. For me, I like self-paced online learning like Real Estate Express or Aceable.
- Good Texas Platform: Kaplan does have a good learning platform from which to take your Texas course. Navigation is pretty easy and it keeps track of your progress.
- Texas Pricing Higher: One of the weaknesses of the Kaplan Texas real estate course is their prices are higher than my top schools listed above. Kaplan’s prices for the state range from near $450 to over $1,000 for their Live Online option.
- No Texas Course Guarantee: This is another real estate school in Texas that does not offer a guarantee or at least not one that is publicly shown in their school’s policies.
6. Mbition Texas
Number 6 Best Online Real Estate Schools In Texas
One quick look at my Mbition school review will let you know that this is not at the very top of my list of online real estate schools. I list them here because they do have good points and overall, offer a good Texas real estate course.
- Platform Is Good: Mbition has a good learning platform for all of their courses including their Texas online course. It’s very easy to use and simple enough for anyone to use it. It also does a great job of tracking your progress in the Texas course.
- Texas Course Always Accessible: Like most online real estate courses, Mbition’s Texas course is easily accessible at any time. You can access the course in the middle of the night or mid-day. There are no schedules to worry about.
- Higher Texas Pricing: Mbition falls short on their pricing for the Texas pre-licensing course. Their price range for this state falls between $489 to just under $600 at the time of this writing. This is not the highest of all online Texas real estate schools, but it’s still on the high side.
- Lower Texas Passing Rates: Mbiton’s passing rates in Texas are not horrible, they’re just lower than some others. Currently their passing rates in Texas are near 64%.
- Signup Process: The signup process for Mbtion is a bit cumbersome. It just seems like they send you through extra steps when signing up. This is really not a big deal, it’s just not something that I liked.
7. Champion School
Number 7 Best Online Real Estate Schools In Texas
I have added Champion School to this list of Texas based real estate schools because they’re well-known in the state. I cannot place them higher because there are just better options out there. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of Champion School.
- All Required Texas Courses: As with all the schools shown here, Champion School has everything you will need to learn to pass the Texas real estate license exam. This includes the six courses that are required by the TREC.
- Unique Course Options: Champion School offers several Texas course options that other schools don’t offer. They have a blended classroom option, online correspondence, virtual classroom, or any combination with the Champions Advantage option.
- Much Higher Priced: This is a major weakness of the Champion School. Their pricing ranges from $980 to $1,624. This is by far the highest priced Texas pre-license course on my list. Unless you have a reason for wanting to use this school, there are better priced options as shown above.
- No Self-Paced Online Texas Course: I love online self-paced course options like you find with Real Estate Express and AceableAgent. To me if you’re going to get your real estate education, why wouldn’t you do it at your own pace? The Champion School does not offer a self-paced online option.
- Lower Texas Passing Rates: While Champion School’s pass rates are ok at around 61%, they are not nearly as high as other schools on this list.
- No Passing Guarantee: Champion School does not offer any type of passing guarantee. As I stated previously, I would rather use a school with a passing guarantee.
Texas Real Estate School FAQ
How Long Does It Take To Become A Real Estate Agent In Texas?
Texas has by far some of the most stringent requirements to become a real estate agent. Since they require 180 hours of pre-licensing education, it can take anywhere from 4 to 5 months to get a real estate license in Texas.
How Much Does It Cost To Get A Real Estate License In Texas?
Getting a real estate license in Texas has several fees. First, you will need to take a pre-licensing course which can run anywhere from $149 to $600. The cost to apply for a license is $185. This means your cost to get a real estate license in Texas will be between $334 to $785. This can change as fees change but this is a good estimate.
How Much Are Real Estate Schools In Texas?
Real estate schools in Texas range in price from $149 to $600. It all depends on the school you choose and the course package you choose.
Do You Need A Degree To Become A Real Estate Agent In Texas?
No, you do not need a degree to become a real estate agent in Texas. This is one of the reasons becoming a real estate agent in Texas is often a good career choice for those who do not wish to go to college.
What Are The Requirements To Become A Real Estate Agent In Texas?
To become a real estate agent in Texas you will need to meet the requirements of the Texas Real Estate Commission.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a US citizen or a lawfully admitted alien.
- Make sure you meet the Texas Real Estate Commission’s qualifications for being trustworthy, honest and being a person of integrity.
- Complete and pass a 180 hour pre-licensing course.
- Apply for your real estate license.
- You will need to submit your fingerprints and have a background check done.
- Pass the Texas Real Estate Licensing Exam.
- You will need to be sponsored by a Texas broker.
- Take the 98 hours of SAE education for first time renewals.
Is It Hard To Become A Real Estate Agent In Texas?
While Texas has some of the most detailed requirements to become a real estate, it’s not hard to become a real estate agent in Texas. It does take more time though compared to other states.
What Is The Best Real Estate Exam Prep For Texas?
The best Texas exam prep would either be PrepAgent or CompuCram. Both offer extensive Texas exam prep to help you pass the Texas real estate license course.