Selling real estate in Florida can be a very lucrative career choice. The real estate market in Florida is booming. Before you can start, you need to get your pre-license education. So here is my in-depth guide into the 9 best online real estate schools in Florida.
Be sure to read this carefully before making your decision on a school. The online real estate schools I list below are the best real estate schools no matter where you live in Florida. This includes the popular cities of Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, South Florida, Miami, Pensacola, Sarasota, Kissimmee, St. Petersburg, Melbourne, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Naples and Central Florida.
NOTE: My work is supported by affiliate commissions. Learn More
Best Real Estate Schools in Florida
Real Estate Express
The CE Shop
1. Real Estate Express
Number Two Best Online Real Estate Schools In Florida
At number two for online Florida based real estate schools is Real Estate Express. If you read my review of the top real estate schools in the US you will see that they’re my top pick overall. However, for Florida, AceableAgent has a slight edge. I encourage you to look inside this school in my Real Estate Express review.
- Arello And idecc Certified In Florida: Real Estate Express is certified by both the idecc and Arello for their Florida online pre-licensing course. This lets you know that they have been approved by both organizations as a provider that meets and maintains strict standards for online learning.
- Long Florida Track Record: Real Estate Express and their Florida pre-licensing real estate course has been around for a very long time. They are one of the oldest and most reputable Florida online real estate schools on the market.
- Four Florida Package Choices: If you like choices, then you will love the Florida package options that are offered by this online Florida real estate school. Tailor your learning based on your educational needs. Choose their Basic Florida package if you just want the basic course up to their Ultimate Florida Learning option.
- High Florida Student Ratings: With over 16,600 reviews at the time of this writing, students have given the Real Estate Express Florida course a 4.47 out of 5 star rating. This is amazingly high for that many student ratings assuring you that this Florida real estate school is one of the best on the market.
- Overall Decent Pricing For Florida: The price range for the Real Estate Express Florida course is in the low to mid-range of pricing compared to other Florida schools. Starting at $132 up to $439 and with a sale on pricing of 30% to 40% off most of the time, this school has great overall pricing.
- Full 63 Hour Florida Curriculum: Don’t settle for a Florida real estate school that offers separate courses or some strange set up with their curriculum. With this Florida school you get the complete 63 hours of material you will need as required by the FREC.
- Support From Florida Instructors: As you take this course you may run into times where you have a question and can’t seem to find an answer. There’s no need to worry because you will have access to Florida instructors who will help you whenever you need them.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: Real Estate Express is not able to offer their Pass or Don’t Pay Guarantee in the state of Florida. They do however offer a satisfaction guarantee that says if after one week of taking their Florida real estate course you’re not happy, you can get a full refund.
- Florida Exam Preparation: If you want to make sure you’re ready for the Florida real estate licensing exam then you will love the extra Florida exam prep offered with this school’s three higher priced course options. You will be able to access practice exams, workbook, and videos covering state and national topics.
- Live Florida Instructor Q & A: Access 40 live question and answer sessions with Florida instructors. This is rated by students as one of their most helpful features.
- Top Florida LMS: When taking an online real estate course in Florida it’s important that you make sure they have a good learning platform. The learning management system utilized by Real Estate Express for their Florida pre-licensing course is one of the very best. It’s easy to use and tracks your progress as you go through each section of the curriculum.
- Florida Post-License Training: After you get your real estate license in Florida you will need to get 45 hours of post-licensing education. This school offers post-licensing education as part of their two best packages. This means you will not have to worry about this and can use the same Florida real estate school for pre-licensing and post-licensing which makes it very convenient.
- Florida Course Not As Interactive: The Florida pre-licensing course offered by Real Estate Express is quite good but just not quite as interactive as AceableAgent listed above. If you’re not worried about this, then it’s not a negative at all.
Number One Best Online Real Estate Schools In Florida
The first online Florida real estate school on my list is AceableAgent. This is a real estate school that I really love because it’s the online real estate school I used to help me pass the real estate licensing exam on my first try. It has to be my choice for best online real estate schools in Florida because they have really done a great job creating an easy to use and fun Florida based course. See inside in my in-depth AceableAgent review. Now let’s look at what makes them good and look at a few of their negatives.
- Modern Florida Platform: AceableAgent has by far one of the most modern learning platforms of all online Florida real estate schools. From the time you enter the course you will see that everything is designed to make your learning experience easy and fun.
- Most Interactive Florida Course: On top of having a great learning platform, the actual Florida course content is very interactive. The content is delivered in small easy to read segments with great video, amazing graphics, and fun interactive quizzes throughout.
- Full 63 Hour Florida Course: When you take any real estate pre-license course, you want to have everything you need without needing to upgrade. Aceable’s Florida pre-licensing course has the complete 63 required hours specified by the Florida Real Estate Commission. You will not need to purchase any other material.
- Great Florida Exam Prep: No matter what Florida pre-licensing course you take, you need to make sure you have good Florida exam prep included. With AceableAgent’s course, you will get a complete set of practice questions that will help prepare you for the Florida real estate licensing exam. You will also be able to take their practice quizzes as many times as you want to make sure you know the material.
- Florida Course Has Audio Guide: If you would rather have Aceable’s Florida pre-licensing course read to you, you can turn on their audio guide.
- Great Florida Instructor Support: You will have access to master Florida instructors to help you any time you run into an issue or have a question. There is also a student concierge team to help 7 days a week.
- Take At Your Pace: This online Florida real estate school allows you to take the course when and where you want. It’s a completely self-paced course that can be taken on your schedule whenever you have time.
- Florida Course Approved By FREC: The AceableAgent Florida pre-licensing course is approved by the Florida Real Estate Commission so you can be assured you’re getting the best information possible.
- Endorsed By Chris Heller: As an added note, this real estate school has been endorsed by Chris Heller, who is himself considered to be the number one associate for Keller Williams in North America.
- Fantastic Pricing On Florida Course: At $115 at the time of this writing, this Florida real estate school is at the lower end of pricing and for such a low price, you get so much for your money.
- One Florida Course Package: This may be a negative for some because there are those who like to have package options to choose from. AceableAgent has only one Florida package option. This is great if you want everything you need without having to worry about choices but not so good if you want to customize your learning.
- Newer Florida Real Estate School: AceableAgent is one of the newest online Florida real estate schools on the market so they do not have the track record of other schools. However, even though they are newer, they have truly become an industry leader in a short period of time.
3. The CE Shop
Third Best Online Real Estate Schools In Florida
Next on my list of top online real estate schools in Florida is The CE Shop. This real estate school is a very good place to get your real estate education and while I do like them, they’re just not my favorite choice. You can see inside this school’s learning platform in my review of The CE Shop.
- High Florida Pass Rates: One of the strengths of The CE Shop’s Florida pre-licensing real estate course is that it has very high student pass rates. 83% of students who took this course passed the Florida real estate licensing exam while the state average is 52%. This makes it clear that their course is quite good.
- Full Florida Curriculum: When you sign up for The CE Shop Florida pre-licensing real estate course you get the complete 63 hours of required education specified by the FREC.
- Four Unique Florida Options: With this real estate school, you will get to choose from four unique course packages. Tailor your education to meet your needs by choosing either their courses only Florida package up to their premium package.
- Florida Instructor Webinars: Each week you will be able to join a webinar that is led by a Florida instructor. These webinars will cover in-depth topics you need to know and that will be on your national real estate licensing exam. Plus take part in the live Q & A sessions to get your questions answered.
- Florida Exam Prep: In order to get ready for the Florida real estate license exam you will need to practice. The CE Shop has you covered with their three top packages which features Exam Prep Edge that will help you prepare for the state exam.
- Custom Florida Study Schedules: To help you take their Florida course, set up a custom study schedule that will keep you on track so you can complete the course within the proper time frame.
- Downloadable Material: Rather than give you a textbook, The CE Shop allows you to download course resources so you can study at any time.
- Florida Course Has Good Pricing: With a range of $119 to $279, the pricing for this Florida real estate school is very good. They’re not the lowest price but for what you get, the cost is worth it.
- Good Florida Platform: The CE Shop’s Florida course is delivered on a modern easy to use learning platform. This platform delivers each lesson, keeps track of time, and even tracks your progress.
- Money Back Guarantee: Within 30 days if you are not happy with their Florida real estate course, you can request a full refund as long as you have not completed 50% or more of the course.
- Florida Content Not As Interactive: There are few negatives about this online Florida real estate school, but their course is not as interactive as AceableAgent listed above. While it still does deliver great content, I like AceableAgent’s delivery just a bit more.
- No Florida Textbook: If you’re someone who likes to have a hard copy textbook, unfortunately The CE Shop’s Florida pre-license course does not have this. As mentioned above, you will get downloadable content but no textbook.
4. AYPO Real Estate
Fourth Best Online Real Estate Schools In Florida
AYPO Real Estate or At Your Pace Online is number four on my list of best online Florida real estate schools. This school is a bit different in that it’s a very streamlined course but I need to include them because they have amazing pricing for a Florida pre-licensing course. (see AYPO Real Estate reviews for more info)
- Great Pricing For A Florida Course: If you’re looking for really good pricing for a Florida pre-licensing real estate course then you will love AYPO. Their price for their Florida course ranges from $80 to $199. Both prices are very good.
- Very High Ratings From Florida Students: The AYPO Florida pre-licensing real estate course has very good student ratings. With over 1,800 reviews at the time of this writing they have a 4.4 out of 5 stars rating which is quite good.
- Two Florida Package Choices: If you like choices, at least AYPO’s Florida course gives you a few options. Choose from two Florida course packages both with high ratings and good pricing.
- Full 63 Hour Florida Curriculum: Although this is a more basic platform, the course itself does give you the full 63 hours of required curriculum so you can be assured that the content will cover everything that is needed to learn to pass the state exam.
- Unlimited Practice Exam Attempts: You will need to practice before you take the Florida real estate licensing exam. With AYPO you will gain access to practice exams and have unlimited attempts to pass them. Their more expensive course package gives you more comprehensive exam prep.
- More Basic Florida Course Platform: Although this is a good Florida online real estate school, the learning platform is basic compared to schools like AceableAgent and Real Estate Express. That’s why I can’t place them higher on my list. I love Aceable’s platform and Real Estate Express is just so good overall.
5. 360Training Florida
Number Five Best Online Real Estate Schools In Florida
This is another online real estate school in Florida I have added because they truly have some of the best pricing for a Florida course. Again, they’re not my favorite but they need to be mentioned because they’re still a decent option. Read my 360Training review to see a detailed look at this real estate school.
- Florida Budget Based Course: The 360Training Florida pre-licensing real estate course is a good budget course. If money is your only concern, you may want to consider them. Their pricing for this course ranges from $79 to $150 making them the best priced online Florida real estate school online.
- Full FREC Approved Course: Although this is more of a budget based course, it is fully approved by the FREC and covers all of the 63 hours of required pre-license education.
- Florida Exam Prep Included: It is nice that 360Training does include Florida exam prep with their course but they only include it with their more expensive course option. Even so, the cost of their more expensive Florida course is still a great price so it makes sense to sign up for that option if you’re interested in using them for your training.
- Two Florida Package Choices: It’s always nice to have options and 360Training’s Florida real estate course has two pretty decent packages. Although not as good as others listed above, they’re not bad considering the cost.
- Take When You Want: This Florida real estate school’s course is a self-paced online course meaning you can learn at your own pace and on your own schedule. It really is very convenient.
- Florida Course Very Little Interaction: There is very little interactive content in this course compared to AceableAgent listed in first place. You do have quizzes throughout the course but that’s as much interaction as you will get.
- Florida LMS Not The Best: I really do not like the 360Training online learning platform. You basically access a pdf where you read course material and then take quizzes. It’s simply not my favorite platform.
6. Mbition Florida
Mbition’s Florida pre-licensing course is on this list of top Florida real estate schools because I like their online platform once you finally get in. I need to mention them because they are better than a lot of the other schools out there in Florida. However, I cannot place them higher because there are things about their pre-licensing courses that I just don’t like. Read my complete Mbition review to learn more.
- Good Florida Platform: This is one of the main strengths of the Mbition Florida real estate school course. Their learning platform is really good and delivers the lessons in an easy to use format.
- Three Florida Package Choices: Another plus with the Mbition Florida pre-licensing real estate training is that they do have some decent package options to choose from. This gives you choices if that’s something you like.
- Decent Florida Pricing: Overall, this school has pretty good pricing. They’re not the lowest or the highest but in the middle. With prices ranging from $129 to $199, the cost is still a very good bargain.
- Florida Exam Prep: If you use their two higher priced options you will get access to good Florida exam prep which will assist you in learning to pass the state licensing exam.
- Difficult Sign Up Process: This is one of the things I really do not like about Mbition. They’re sign up process is so cumbersome and long that it really makes no sense. If you can get past this, their Florida course is really good.
- Florida Course Final Exam Attempts: For some reason Mbition only allows two final exam attempts for their Florida pre-licensing course. Other schools offer more and some unlimited.
7. Gold Coast Schools
I added Gold Coast Schools and these next Florida real estate schools to this list because when we contacted these schools, they had decent response times and answered my questions. I will list below what I see as the pluses and minuses of this real estate school.
- Good Reviews From Former Students: This online Florida real estate school has very good reviews from former students. On Yelp they have a 4.5 out of 5 star rating and 4.8 out of 5 stars on Google.
- Full 63 Hour Florida Course: The curriculum offered by Gold Coast Schools provides you with the full 63 hours of required course material that the FREC says you must take.
- Two Florida Packages: While not as many good choices as you would find with the Real Estate Express Florida pre-licensing course, you do get two course options either the Basic or the Full Service package.
- Nice Engaging Content: The actual course content provided by Gold Coast Schools is very engaging. They provide plenty of videos, animation and even short animated stories. This is a big plus if you are looking for a school that offers very different types of content.
- Long Track Record In Florida: Gold Coast Schools has been around since 1970 as a regular real estate school (not online) which means they know the Florida market well.
- Good Support Response: We contacted this Florida real estate school to see if they would respond to our questions. Their response times were good at close to 4 hours.
- Pricing Much Higher: The biggest negative I see with Gold Coast Schools is that their pricing is quite a bit higher than comparable Florida real estate schools. At the time of this writing the cost of their Florida pre-licensing real estate course has a range of $325 to $425. I just don’t see a reason to pay this much more when there are better options.
8. Bert Rodgers Schools
Like Gold Coast Schools, I added the Bert Rodgers Schools to my list of top Florida real estate schools because they responded to my support questions so quickly. They also have some decent options and a few negatives which I show below.
- Very Long Track Record In Florida: Bert Rodgers Schools has been around as a traditional real estate school since 1958. This means they do know the Florida market well.
- Engaging Florida Content: The content inside the Bert Rodgers Schools Florida pre-licensing course is engaging with videos, interactive modules, and interactive quizzes.
- Florida Exam Prep: You will get access to two 100 question practice exams so you can prepare for the Florida real estate licensing exam.
- Complete Florida Curriculum: The full 63 hours of Florida approved curriculum is included with this course so you can be sure you get the right education.
- Two Florida Options: Bert Rodgers Schools offers two Florida course options which is their Career Starter Package or their License To Success Package.
- Good Response Time: We contacted Bert Rodgers School with several support related questions and they responded in a very good time frame.
- Pricing A Bit Higher: The cost of Bert Rodgers School is a bit higher than others in the same category at $249 to $349. It’s your choice of course but I would not pay this much more when I have other options.
9. Larson Ed. Services
Last on my list of the top real estate schools in Florida is Larson Educational Services. Like the two shown above I added this Florida real estate school because they answered my questions quickly. Below you will find what’s good and not so good about this real estate school.
- High Student Feedback: One of the strongest points for Larson Educational Services is that they do have high student feedback with over 160 reviews on Google with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating at the time of this writing. Their FaceBook page also has some very good feedback from former students.
- Unique Florida Packages: While we are discussing the best online real estate schools in Florida in this guide, it’s good to mention that Larson Educational Services does offer some unique package options. They offer a 63 hour self-study online course, an instructor-led online course, or a traditional classroom based course.
- Good Support: Larson Educational Services does provide some fast support times. We contacted them and they responded in around 3 hours.
- Pricing Mid To High: The biggest downside to using Larson Educational Services for your Florida real estate licensing education is that their pricing is on the higher side of Florida real estate courses. At the time of this writing the cost of their course options ranges from $245 to $439.
Florida Real Estate School FAQ
How Much Does It Cost To Get A Real Estate License In Florida?
To get your real estate license in Florida you will need to take a pre-licensing course which can range in price from $80 to $425. The cost to take the real estate licensing exam is $36.75 from Pearson VUE. You will then need to get fingerprinting which will cost $48.05. Applying for your Florida real estate license is $83.05 at the time of this writing. If you add all of these the cost to get a real estate license in Florida will be between $247.85 and $592.85 depending on the school you use for your pre-licensing course.
How Long Does It Take To Become A Real Estate Agent In Florida?
The longest part of becoming a real estate agent in Florida is completing your pre-licensing course. Overall though, it should take you between 2 to 5 months to become a real estate agent in Florida.
Do You Need A Degree To Become A Real Estate Agent In Florida?
No, you do not need a degree to become a real estate agent in Florida.
How Much Are Real Estate Schools In Florida?
The cost of real estate schools in Florida ranges from $80 for the lowest priced school to around $450 for the higher priced school.
What Requirements Do I Need To Become A Real Estate Agent In Florida?
There are 5 steps to becoming a real estate agent in Florida.
Step 1: You will need to be at 18 years old or older and be a high school graduate or have a GED equivalent.
Step 2: You will need to complete the 63 hours of required pre-licensing education as specified by the Florida Real Estate Commission.
Step 3: You must pass the Florida real estate licensing exam by getting a score of 75% or higher.
Step 4: Get fingerprinted and submit those fingerprints to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
Step 5: Next, you will need to complete the 45 hours of post-licensing education.
Is It Hard To Become A Real Estate Agent In Florida?
No, it’s really not hard to get your real estate license in Florida and become an agent. You will need to take your Florida pre-licensing training but if you study, it’s not hard.
How Much Do Real Estate Agents Make In Florida?
Real estate agents in Florida make between $39,000 to $62,000 per year on average with the median income being $40,861.