If you need to get a real estate license in South Carolina, you need 60 hours of pre-licensing course education with an additional 30 hours of Advanced Real Estate Principles. These are the 8 best online real estate schools in South Carolina to get this education.
Do you happen to live in Columbia, Greenville, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Rock Hill, or Raleigh? These are the top real estate schools for those cities as well as the whole state.
NOTE: My work is supported by affiliate commissions. Learn More
Best Rated Real Estate Schools in South Carolina
1. Real Estate Express
Number Two Best Online Real Estate Schools In South Carolina
Real Estate Express is a great real estate school no matter which state you’re in. They’re my top overall pick for all real estate schools in the US. They have so many available states and also provide a great South Carolina pre-licensing course. Below I will show you why their South Carolina program is one of the best on the market. (see my Real Estate Express review)
- Older South Carolina Schools: Real Estate Express is one of the longest running online South Carolina real estate schools in the industry. They have been around since 1992 and they have learned what it takes to provide a great pre-licensing real estate education in South Carolina. Plus, they have a great reputation as a South Carolina course provider so you can’t go wrong with them.
- Four Great South Carolina Packages: If you want options for your South Carolina real estate education, this real estate school has them. With four South Carolina pre-licensing course choices, you can get the education you need without paying for extra features you don’t need.
- Both Unit I And Unit II Included: You want to make sure you choose a South Carolina real estate school that offers a complete South Carolina curriculum and is approved by the South Carolina Real Estate Commission. Real Estate Express has this all covered. They offer the full Unit I and Unit II which is exactly what’s required by the state.
- South Carolina Passing Guarantee: Most South Carolina real estate schools don’t offer any type of course refund guarantee. That’s not the case with this online real estate school. They actually have the best guarantee on the market. If you do not pass the South Carolina real estate license exam on the first try, they will refund the entire cost of the course. There’s basically no risk except for some time.
- Good South Carolina Platform: The learning platform used for the Real Estate Express South Carolina course is one of the best platforms you can use. It’s easy to understand and functions with few problems. Their platform even tracks your course progress so you never need to wonder where you left off.
- Exam Prep For South Carolina: Before you take the South Carolina licensing exam you need to be sure you’re prepared. With the Real Estate Express South Carolina pre-licensing real estate course you will be able to prepare with confidence because of their extensive exam prep. Access progress exams, practice exams and flashcards.
- South Carolina Instructor Webinars: Each month you can take part in the live webinars offered with South Carolina instructors. This is 40 hours per month of live question and answer sessions so you know you’re not alone when taking the course.
- Help From South Carolina Instructors: You will also be able to access your South Carolina instructor right from your account. Just send them a message anytime you have a question or need some type of help.
- South Carolina Boot Camp: After you get your South Carolina real estate license what happens next? The 90-day boot camp offered by this South Carolina real estate school will help you start generating income within 90 days of getting your license. This is a great feature and is well worth the investment in the course.
- Good Pricing For A South Carolina Course: Real Estate Express typically has discounts and sales on their South Carolina pre-licensing course. You may see a price range of $600 to $815 but most of the time you will see a 30% to 40% sale being offered which will lower the price to a range around $420 to $570. This is a very good price for a South Carolina pre-licensing course.
- South Carolina Course Not As Interactive: If there is any drawback to the Real Estate Express South Carolina real estate course it’s that the course is not quite as interactive as AceableAgent’s course listed above. This may not be a negative unless you require very interactive content.
Number One Best Online Real Estate Schools In South Carolina
First on my list of best South Carolina online real estate schools is AceableAgent. The only drawback to ever using AceableAgent is that they are available in so few states. If you live in South Carolina though, you’re in luck because Aceable has pre-licensing courses in that state. This is my top pick for online real estate schools in South Carolina for a variety of reasons which you can read below. (Look inside the course in my AceableAgent review)
- South Carolina’s Most Interactive Course: The South Carolina pre-licensing course offered by AceableAgent has many things that make it good but the best part about this online real estate course is that it’s so interactive. It has many videos, great interactive quizzes, segmented easy to read content, plus Mastery Tracking. Everything adds up to a great experience.
- Great Price For South Carolina: The typical price for this South Carolina real estate school is $699 but most of the time the price will be at the sale price of $489. This is a good price for a South Carolina pre-licensing real estate course.
- Both Unit I And Unit II: This course provides the complete 60 hour Unit I and the 30 hour Unit II courses as mandated by the South Carolina Real Estate Commission. This means you will get everything you need to learn to pass the South Carolina real estate license exam and meet the requirements of the state commission.
- South Carolina Exam Pass Guarantee: If you do not pass the South Carolina real estate licensing exam after trying three times, Aceable will give your money back for the full price of the course. This means you have virtually no risk.
- South Carolina Course Online: The AceableAgent South Carolina pre-licensing course is 100% online. You can take the course on your own schedule, at your own pace. The South Carolina platform also works on any device so you can take the course anywhere.
- South Carolina Career Mentors: Should you have any questions about licensing or career based topics, you can access career mentors when you need help with these questions.
- Great South Carolina Study Guides: Aceable provides updated South Carolina study guides complete with math formulas and in-depth real estate glossary. This is just another piece to help you learn what you need to know to pass the South Carolina licensing exam.
- South Carolina Instructor Support: Should you require assistance or have questions while taking the course you will gain access to knowledgeable South Carolina instructors. You will not be left on your own and will have help all along the process.
- One South Carolina Package: If there is any negative about AceableAgent’s South Carolina pre-licensing course it’s that they only offer one South Carolina course option. This may seem like a negative if you want different options. However, the good thing is that you will get everything you need for your South Carolina pre-licensing education all in one package. You will never need to upgrade for more features.
3. The CE Shop
Third Best Online Real Estate Schools In South Carolina
The CE Shop is another online real estate school that provides a good South Carolina pre-licensing course. They are not my top choice for South Carolina, but I do think they’re good enough to be in the top three. See The CE Shop reviews to learn more about this school.
- Full 90 Hours Of South Carolina Curriculum: The CE Shop is another of the best online real estate schools in South Carolina that offers the complete 90 hours of pre-licensing education as mandated by the South Carolina Real Estate Commission. This includes the Unit I and Unit II courses that must be taken to meet all requirements.
- High South Carolina Student Passing Rates: The average passing rates on the South Carolina real estate license exam for online real estate schools is 61% for the national and 51% for the state. The CE Shop is much higher with 77% on the national and 57% on the state. This is a good sign that the course works well.
- South Carolina Instructor Led Webinars: Weekly webinars are held by South Carolina instructors to give students a chance to ask questions. This gives you the opportunity to communicate directly with South Carolina experts and can be a great help as you take the course.
- Four South Carolina Course Options: This South Carolina real estate school is always good at putting together great package options. With four South Carolina package choices, you can design the real estate education you want. If you want all the extras, you can make that choice so you have nice flexibility.
- Good South Carolina Pricing: The CE Shop’s South Carolina pre-licensing real estate course is very competitive with other South Carolina real estate schools. With a typical cost ranging from $649 to $809, you should end up paying between $421 to $525 since they run 30% to 35% off sales at most times. This is the pricing at the time of this writing and this can change so click the button above to check it out.
- Extensive South Carolina Exam Prep: Get access to extensive South Carolina exam prep to help you pass the state licensing exam.
- Custom Study Schedules: Since this is a self-paced online course it’s important that you stay on schedule so you complete the course in a timely manner. To help with this, you can access custom study schedules that will keep you on track.
- South Carolina Real Estate Glossary: As you go through this South Carolina course you will see many new terms. To help, a complete real estate glossary is provided allowing you to see a term’s definition in an instant.
- South Carolina Course Not As Interactive: While the South Carolina pre-licensing course provided by The CE Shop is very good, it’s not at the same level of interaction as you find with AceableAgent.
- No Full Course Guarantee: Having a full course guarantee is nice as it eliminates most of the risk of studying and taking the state exam. The CE Shop’s South Carolina course does offer a limited guarantee that if you do not pass the state exam, they will refund the cost of the exam but not the cost of the course. My top two picks for the best online South Carolina real estate schools listed above do offer this full course guarantee.
4. Kaplan South Carolina
Next is Kaplan South Carolina real estate school. While not my favorite online real estate school, I include Kaplan because they have been around in the online education world for a long time and have a decent course platform. See their platform in my Kaplan review.
- Decent South Carolina Platform: The Kaplan South Carolina pre-licensing course has a decent learning platform. It’s easy to use and navigate and will track your progress. It’s not nearly as good as AceableAgent’s platform but overall, it’s decent.
- Full South Carolina Curriculum: The Kaplan South Carolina course provides the complete 90 hours of curriculum which is the requirement as specified by the South Carolina Real Estate Commission.
- Great South Carolina Exam Prep: If there is any strength to this online real estate school, it’s that they do provide good South Carolina exam prep. They have been known to have some of the better exam prep in the industry so it’s nice to be able to access that since there are so few other features.
- South Carolina Study Groups: Another unique feature offered by this South Carolina real estate school is the live interactive study groups. In these groups you can interact with South Carolina instructors as well as other students.
- South Carolina Course Higher Priced: Consistently, Kaplan is on the higher end of pricing no matter what the state. Their South Carolina pre-licensing course is no exception. The price at the time of this writing is $549 which is in the higher range for South Carolina schools.
- Not As Interactive: As stated above, Kaplan does have a decent learning platform but it’s not nearly as good as the interactive platform offered by Aceable. You can see them at the top of this guide.
- One South Carolina Course Option: There are times when having only one option is good but not so with Kaplan. Since their course is priced higher it would be nice to see a few other lower priced packages.
5. Hondros South Carolina
Next on the list of best South Carolina online real estate schools is Hondros. Overall, Hondros has some good points which I cover below. While not a school I would choose, I feel I need to add them because they do have a pretty good platform.
- Full 90 Hour South Carolina Curriculum: The Hondros South Carolina pre-licensing curriculum offers the full 90 hours of pre-licensing education you will need to meet all state requirements. This includes the courses for Unit I and Unit II.
- Two South Carolina Options: Two different course options are offered with this online real estate school. The main difference between each option is one offers South Carolina exam prep and one doesn’t.
- Excellent South Carolina Exam Prep: The main strength of this South Carolina real estate school is that they use CompuCram for their exam prep which is one of the better exam prep options on the market.
- South Carolina Course Priced High: The Hondros South Carolina course is priced way too high compared to other South Carolina real estate schools. At the time of this writing the price is $649 to $709. The real problem is that you get far less for your money than you get with my top picks listed above.
6. Fortune Academy
This next South Carolina real estate school offers both self-paced and instructor led online courses. I only added them to this list because I think they do have some good options but I would not choose them over any of my top picks.
- Complete South Carolina Curriculum: The South Carolina pre-licensing course provided by Fortune Academy has the complete 90 hours of content as specified by the South Carolina Real Estate Commission.
- Self-Paced Online: This South Carolina real estate school has a course that is online and is self-paced so you can have the convenience of taking it whenever and wherever you wish.
- Three South Carolina Packages: You have the option of three South Carolina pre-license package choices giving you a level of control over your course contents.
- Higher Priced South Carolina School: Unfortunately, Fortune Academy’s pricing for their online course is higher than most. Ranging from $649 to $769, they are out of the range of other better South Carolina schools.
- Little Info About School: The Fortune Academy website has very little information on the school’s history. They do show some of the staff but the website has spelling errors and not much detailed information about the school.
- No Guarantee: Fortune Academy does not offer any type of course or passing guarantee.
7. PDH Real Estate
This school offers South Carolina real estate license training in a self-paced environment as most online real estate schools do. They are part of a larger educational company called PDH Academy.
- Complete South Carolina Course: PDH Real Estate has a South Carolina pre-licensing course that meets all of the requirements for education by the state.
- Decent South Carolina Exam Prep: The exam prep that comes with the PDH Real Estate course is good. It has a simulated final exam, 15 practice quizzes and over 800 practice questions.
- Good South Carolina Instructors: The instructors that teach the courses at PDH Real Estate have extensive experience in the real estate industry.
- Good Feedback From Students: Student feedback on this school is very good with over 139 reviews and a 4.6 out of 5 star rating on TrustPilot at the time of this writing.
- No Full Course Guarantee: This online South Carolina real estate school does mention a passing guarantee but it’s unclear how this works.
8. School For Success
Last on my list is Real Estate School for Success. This South Carolina real estate school is independently owned by Stacey Starnes and only provides education in South Carolina. I mention them because they have a complete online course and experienced instructors.
- Experienced South Carolina Instructors: The School For Success instructors have many years in the field of real estate which means you will be learning from teachers that know the industry.
- Complete South Carolina Course: The South Carolina pre-licensing course offered by School For Success will cover the full state mandated curriculum. This includes the Unit I 60 hour and Unit II 30 hour courses which are part of the state required education.
- Weekly Zoom Calls: Gain access to your South Carolina instructors with these weekly live Zoom calls. Use this time to get all of your questions answered.
- One South Carolina Package: The School For Success offers only one package for their pre-licensing course. If you want to customize your learning, you can’t do that here.
- Bit Higher Priced: At around $644 at the time of this writing, their South Carolina course is on the higher side of pricing.
- Not That Interactive: This South Carolina course was recorded during a live class session so is all video based with less interactive content.
South Carolina Real Estate School FAQ
What Are The Requirements To Get A Real Estate License In South Carolina?
To get your real estate license in South Carolina you’re going to need to take certain steps and meet certain requirements. These are listed here:
Step 1: You will need to meet the real estate license requirements as specified by the South Carolina Real Estate Commission and that is you must be 18 years old or older, received a high school diploma and be eligible to work in the US.
Step 2: Complete the 60 hours of South Carolina pre-licensing real estate education Unit I.
Step 3: You will need to apply to take the real estate license exam to see if you’re eligible. Once you are approved to take the exam you will receive a letter from the South Carolina Real Estate Commission saying you can take the exam. You will also need to register for the licensing examination with PSI the testing provider.
Step 4: Next you will need to get fingerprinted and have a background check done by the Federal Bureau of Investigations and the State Law Enforcement Division. You will need to pay the cost for this.
Step 5: You must now schedule your state exam with PSI and pass the South Carolina real estate license exam. To pass you will need a score of 70% or higher.
Step 6: You will now need to complete 30 additional hours of the required course called Advanced Real Estate Principles (Unit II).
Step 7: Next, you must get sponsored by a South Carolina real estate broker-in-charge.
Step 8: Last, you will need to apply for your South Carolina real estate salesperson license.
How Long Does It Take To Get A Real Estate License In South Carolina?
There are 8 steps to get your real estate license in South Carolina. It will take you approximately 3 to 5 months to complete those steps and become a real estate agent in South Carolina.
How Much Does It Cost To Get A Real Estate License In South Carolina?
The cost to get a real estate license in South Carolina is around $663. This is broken down into these fees: $25 for the application fee, $25 for the criminal records check, $50 for the new license fee, $63 for the license exam and approximately $500 for the pre-licensing course.
How Much Are Real Estate Schools In South Carolina?
South Carolina real estate schools can range in price from $380 up to $769. The average price of a very good real estate school will be near $489.
Do You Need A Degree To Become A Real Estate Agent In South Carolina?
You do not need a degree to become a real estate agent in South Carolina.
How Much Do South Carolina Real Estate Agents Make?
Real estate agents in South Carolina make between $38,000 to $61,000 per year with the median average being $40,259. Of course you can make much more than this depending on what you put into your career.
Is It Hard To Become A Real Estate Agent In South Carolina?
No, it’s not hard to become a real estate agent in South Carolina as long as you’re disciplined and study the required educational material. As with anything, you get out what you put in. If you don’t take it seriously, it can be hard.