With so many online Michigan real estate schools it’s hard to know which one is best. In this review I compare and review the 6 best online real estate schools in Michigan and give you my top recommendations.
NOTE: My work is supported by affiliate commissions. Learn More
Best Rated Michigan Real Estate Schools
Real Estate Express
The CE Shop
1. Real Estate Express
Number Two Best Online Real Estate Schools In Michigan
This is another real estate school I think is great. They’re actually my top overall choice of all real estate schools in the United States. AceableAgent listed above has a slight advantage in Michigan.
- Four Michigan Pre-License Packages: Now here is one of the top online real estate schools in Michigan that has some very good Michigan pre-licensing course options. Their premium package is called Ultimate Learning and if that’s more than you need, you can scale down to any of the lower priced package choices.
- Highly Rated By Michigan Students: If you judge an online real estate school by the number of positive reviews it gets then the Real Estate Express Michigan pre-licensing course is one of the best. At the time this was written they have had over 2,500 former students leave reviews and they have a rating of 4.33 out of 5 stars for this Michigan course.
- Complete Michigan Pre-Licensing Course: This Michigan real estate school’s curriculum has everything that you will need to meet the required 40 hours of education mandated by the Michigan Department Of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs. It will also prepare you to take the Michigan real estate license exam.
- Michigan Course Good Price: The regular price of the Real Estate Express Michigan course is actually pretty good. With a range of $179 to $395 this is not bad. However, you can find frequent sales for this school which can bring the price down to $107.40 to $236.40. You can check current pricing here.
- Livestream Michigan Classes Available: If you want a more scheduled course option the Michigan pre-licensing course from Real Estate Express also has Livestream course packages. Now these are not self-paced and are done in a livestream webinar format where you take the Michigan real estate classes live in a virtual classroom setting.
- Many Years Teaching Michigan Students: The Real Estate Express online Michigan real estate school has been teaching Michigan students since 1996 so they have a very long track record. They are a pioneer in online Michigan real estate education and are one of the most reputable schools you will find.
- Great Michigan Platform: (see my Real Estate Express review for more) If you want to take your Michigan pre-licensing real estate course on one of the best platforms on the market, then Real Estate Express offers that. Their entire platform that delivers the course material is amazing and you will love how the system tracks and records your progress.
- Michigan Exam Pass Guarantee: This online Michigan real estate school has one of the best guarantees in the industry. If you take the Michigan real estate licensing exam after taking their course and fail, you can get a full refund for the course.
- Good Michigan Exam Prep: To pass the Michigan real exam you will need to get some good exam prep as well as take the mandatory pre-license course. Real Estate Express has very good Michigan exam prep to help prepare you to take the state exam.
- Michigan Instructor Live Sessions: When you sign up for their Michigan course, you will gain access to live Michigan instructors that can help you and answer your questions. This is done in a webinar type format and is available 40 hours per month.
- Michigan Course Not As Interactive: If there is any drawback to the Real Estate Express Michigan real estate school it’s that the course content is not quite as interactive as AceableAgent’s Michigan pre-licensing course. Even so, their curriculum is still one of the best and will get you ready for the Michigan license exam.
Number One Best Online Real Estate Schools In Michigan
The first on my list of top online Michigan real estate schools is AceableAgent. If you have read my guide on the top real estate schools in the US, you would know they are one of my favorites in the nation. Plus, this is the Michigan real estate school that I used to get my pre-licensing education in Michigan and pass the state exam on my first try!
- Most Interactive Pre-Licensing Michigan Course: (see the course in action in my AceableAgent review) When it comes to online Michigan real estate schools, AceableAgent is definitely the winner when it comes to having an interactive pre-licensing course. Their Michigan real estate course has great content but more than that, it’s filled with interactive material such as videos, quizzes, lessons and really intuitive mastery tracking. If you’re an interactive learner, you will love this real estate school’s course.
- Licensed LARA Michigan School: Aceable is a licensed and approved school by the Michigan Department Of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs also known as LARA. You can be assured when you decide to use this Michigan real estate school that you are working with a reputable organization that is approved by the state of Michigan.
- Great Michigan Exam Prep: The Michigan real estate exam prep offered by this online real estate school is very good. You will get access to a multitude of practice questions that will cover what you need to know from the national and state portions of the Michigan real estate licensing exam. On top of this, you will get practice quizzes that will give you pointers whenever you answer incorrectly.
- Michigan Exam Passing Guarantee: It’s always great when you can get a guarantee for any product or service. Aceable is really so good they offer a Michigan exam passing guarantee. If you do not pass the Michigan real estate licensing exam after your third try, they will refund your money for the course. This is not as good as the guarantee offered by Real Estate Express but it’s still good.
- Best Michigan LMS: The LMS or learning management system is another way of saying the platform the course is delivered on. AceableAgent’s course platform is probably the best on the market. It’s so easy to use and it makes taking the course a breeze.
- Great Michigan Course Pricing: The pricing for the Michigan pre-licensing course is one of the better prices compared to other online Michigan real estate schools. With a normal price of $265, frequently you can get their Michigan real estate course for $199. This is quite a bargain for everything the course gives you.
- Developed By Experts: According to Aceable, their course was developed by education experts from Harvard. The in-depth curriculum will cover everything you should be learning to help you pass the Michigan real estate exam.
- Complete Course On Your Time: One of the great benefits of using this online Michigan real estate school is that you will be able to take the Michigan real estate course at your own pace. There are no schedules to keep and you can work at a fast pace or slow pace. It’s all up to you.
- Only One Michigan Option: Is this ia negative or a positive? It depends on how you look at it. If you’re the type that wants a lot of package options and needs to create a more customized educational experience, then Aceable does not really offer that. However, if you like to have one option for your Michigan pre-licensing education that includes everything you will need, this real estate school will be perfect for you.
- Newer Michigan Real Estate School: As one of the younger online real estate schools in Michigan, AceableAgent does not have the track record of Real Estate Express. Even so, since their launch in 2017, they have exploded into the real estate education space bringing fresh and new innovations leaving some trying to catch up.
3. The CE Shop
Third Best Online Michigan Real Estate Schools
Coming in third on my picks for best online Michigan real estate schools is The CE Shop. Overall, this school offers a good Michigan pre-licensing real estate education. They’re just not my favorite choice for this particular state.
- Full Michigan Based Curriculum: To get a real estate license in Michigan you will need 40 hours of required pre-license education. The CE Shop’s Michigan course has the full 40 hours of mandatory curriculum needed to satisfy this requirement. Take a look at this course and see all of The CE Shop reviews and what former students had to say.
- High Michigan Exam Pass Rates: One of the strengths of The CE Shop and what gets them on my list of best online Michigan real estate schools is their high Michigan passing rates. They have a very high passing rate with 91% of students passing their Michigan licensing exam.
- Four Michigan Package Options: The CE Shop always has a number of package choices that make creating a customized learning plan easy. With four Michigan course package options, you will be able to choose one that fits right into your situation.
- Decent Michigan Exam Prep: The Michigan exam prep offered by The CE Shop has comprehensive preparation material to prepare you to take the Michigan real estate exam.
- Live Michigan Instructor Support: Virtual webinars are part of the course curriculum where you can meet with Michigan instructors and students in a live environment. Ask questions, get support, and prepare for the state exam.
- Michigan Course Good Pricing: The CE Shop’s pricing for their Michigan pre-licensing course is good ranging from $199 to $349. Quite often they run specials where you can get the course from $139 to $244.
- Michigan Course Not As Interactive: The Michigan course offered by this real estate school is good, but not quite as interactive as that of AceableAgent listed as my top pick above.
- No Michigan Exam Passing Guarantee: Unlike Real Estate Express and Aceable which will give you a refund for the course if you do not pass the Michigan licensing exam, The CE Shop does not offer the full course guarantee.
4. At Your Pace Online
Fourth Best Online Real Estate Schools In Michigan
The next real estate school on my list of top Michigan based real estate schools is AYPO Real Estate. This Michigan real estate course provider is mentioned here because they have decent pricing and are a pretty good option for Michigan pre-licensing education. (see my in-depth AYPO Real Estate review)
- Good Michigan Course Pricing: Overall, the AYPO Real Estate Michigan pre-licensing course has good pricing compared to other Michigan real estate schools. At $189 for their standard course and $239 for their Deluxe, if pricing is your only concern, this school is a good option.
- Complete 40 Hour Michigan Course: AYPO Real Estate’s platform is not as robust as that of AceableAgent or Real Estate Express but their Michigan course still covers the complete 40 hours of required pre-licensing education.
- Two Michigan Packages: This online Michigan real estate school does provide two course options. While not as many options as some of the others I list here, it still provides you with the ability to have a choice.
- High Rated By Michigan Students: With over 460 reviews at the time of this writing, AYPO Real Estate has very high ratings from former students of their Michigan pre-licensing course.
- No Michigan Course Expiration: Most Michigan real estate schools give you six months to a one year to complete your course. AYPO Real Estate is one of the only schools that does not have an expiration date on their courses.
- No Passing Guarantee: This school does not offer any type of course refund guarantee should you not pass the Michigan licensing exam.
- Michigan Platform Not As Interactive: The curriculum of the Michigan course provided by AYPO Real Estate has video content and a downloadable PDF but does not have the interactive content that you will find with AceableAgent.
The Hondros School has been around for years and provides education for many different industries. Since I find there are so few good online real estate schools in Michigan, I feel I need to add them just to let everyone know they are an option.
- Very Good Michigan Exam Prep: One of the strengths of Hondros School’s Michigan pre-licensing course is that they use CompuCram for their exam prep. This is one of the better Michigan exam prep options on the market.
- Been Around For Many Years: Another strength of Hondros School is that they have been around for many years and have a long track record of teaching Michigan students.
- Complete Michigan 40 Hour Curriculum: This online Michigan real estate school does provide the full 40 hours of education needed to satisfy the Michigan state requirement.
- Michigan Course Fully Self-Paced: Since this is an online Michigan based course you can take it on your own schedule since it is a fully self-paced option.
- Limited Michigan Course Features: Compared to my top three picks listed above the Hondros School has very limited course features. It would make more sense to use one of the top three and get more for your money.
- Do Not Offer A Guarantee: Hondros School offers no type of passing guarantee for their course.
6. Real Estate U
I mention Real Estate U because when it comes to online Michigan real estate schools, this is the budget provider of Michigan pre-licensing real estate courses. I just had to add them for those who only care about the cost of a course. To learn more about this school, see the complete review of RealEstateU and read what other RealEstateU reviews have to say.
- Best Pricing For A Michigan Course: This is the best priced online real estate school in Michigan with a typical cost of $149 with sales of $99.
- Michigan Course Audio Based: If you like audio, you will like the Real Estate U Michigan pre-licensing real estate course because that’s what the course is, an audio based course.
- Michigan Platform Not As Intuitive And Interactive: There is just not that much interaction in the Real Estate U Michigan real estate course. You’ll access written transcripts, infographics, and the audio content but nothing interactive like you find with AceableAgent. I would pay a bit more to get more.
- No Guarantee: This Michigan real estate pre-licensing course provider has no guarantees available.
Michigan Real Estate School FAQ
What Are The Requirements To Get A Real Estate License In Michigan?
To get your real estate license in Michigan and become a real estate agent, you will need to take these 5 steps:
- Step 1: Make sure you meet the age requirements of the Michigan Department Of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs. You will need to be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Step 2: You will need to complete 40 hours of pre-licensing education at an approved Michigan real estate school. Once you complete the course and earn your certificate, the school will send your completion certificate to the state of Michigan.
- Step 3: Within 36 months of the completion of your pre-licensing course you will need to file your Michigan real estate license application.
- Step 4: Take and pass the Michigan real estate license exam. You will receive a notice by email from the state of Michigan letting you know your application was approved and that you can register for the exam with PSI.
- Step 5: Once you complete and pass your Michigan real estate licensing exam, you will need to be sponsored by a licensed Michigan broker in order to practice as a real estate agent.
How Long Does It Take To Become A Real Estate Agent In Michigan?
The average time it takes to become a real estate agent in Michigan is 2 to 4 months. I completed the steps in just over 2 months.
Is The Michigan Real Estate Exam Hard?
No, the Michigan real estate exam is not hard if you get good exam prep and study. I passed the Michigan real estate license exam on my first try and can tell you it is not hard as long as you prepare.
How Much Does The Average Realtor Make In Michigan?
Real estate agents in Michigan earn between $41,000 to $65,000 with a median average of $43,046. Of course top real estate agents can earn much more but these are averages.
Can You Take The Michigan Real Estate Exam Online?
No, you cannot take the Michigan real estate licensing exam online. You will need to schedule and take the exam with PSI and go to one of their testing centers to take the exam. You can take your pre-licensing education online but not the actual Michigan licensing exam.
Is The Michigan Real Estate Exam Multiple Choice?
The Michigan real estate exam has 115 multiple-choice questions. To pass, you will need to get 80 questions answered correctly which is a score of 70% or higher.
How Long Is The Michigan Real Estate License Exam?
The Michigan real estate license exam is three hours long. This means you have a 3 hour (180 minute) time-limit.
How Many Times Can You Take The Michigan Real Estate Exam?
You can take the Michigan real estate exam as many times as needed until you pass.
How Much Does It Cost To Become A Real Estate Agent In Michigan?
The cost of becoming a real estate agent in Michigan and getting your real estate license will be approximately $367.
This is broken down into these fees:
- Pre-licensing course: $200
- Michigan real estate license examinations: $79
- Michigan real estate license application: $88
Where Do I Get My Real Estate License In Michigan?
Once you have completed the required steps, you will get your actual real estate license from the Michigan Department Of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs.